So, you have some weed problems and need to make sure that they aren’t growing anywhere near your home anytime soon.
Well, RM43 can be an effective solution to your problem. But that’s only true if you know how to mix them.
But what is the actual RM43 mix ratio?
RM43 total vegetation control mix ratio is roughly 1:18. That means with a gallon of water, you need to mix 7.4 ounces of RM43. Contrarily, for spot control, the mixing ratio is roughly 1:21, meaning you need to mix 6 ounces of RM43 per gallon of water.
[amazon box=”B00CI05VFO” template=”horizontal”]
Now, this seems pretty straightforward, isn’t it? But there is more to this than simple mixing. In the next parts of this article, we will be discussing everything you need to know about the mix ratios.
The Proper RM43 Mix Ratio: All You Need To Know
The exact ratio of mixing RM43 is not constant. The percentage depends on the area you will be applying the chemical and for what purpose you will use it. To make things easier, we have divided them into tables.
For total vegetation control, these are the RM43 mixing instructions:
|Area||RM43 Quantity/Gallon of Water|
|1000 sq ft||7.4-ounce|
|4,324 sq ft||32-ounce|
|8,648 sq ft||64-ounce|
|17,297 sq ft||1-gallon|
|43,243 sq ft||2.5-gallon|
Now, for spot control, things are a little different. The mixture can be applied to any large area you want, as long as it is not too diluted. That’s why you need to follow the below table for directions:
|RM43 Quantity||Add up to|
So, it should be clear to you that the RM43 mix ratio per gallon of water varies based on your purpose. Now, if you follow these instructions, you should get good results no matter what purpose you are using the RM43 for.
Can You Mix RM43 With Diesel?
Yes, you can mix RM43 with diesel. However, it is recommended to use water to dilute the mixture.
But using diesel also works very well. Still, you need to be very cautious while mixing these two chemicals together as they can pose a health risk.
Also, you need to check with the local authorities before using diesel as a herbicide. That’s because in many US states using diesel as a herbicide is illegal.
How Important It Is To Get The Mixing Ratio Right?
Getting the mixing ratio right is very important as a slight change of the mixture can render the whole solution ineffective.
On the other hand, if the mixture is not diluted enough, it will be a waste of valuable products. So, either way, you’re wasting product or time.
In the end, if you do not end up using RM43 and choose to use a different product, then remember the ratios vary from product to product. The mixing ratio for Remedy Ultra is very different from RM43.
How To Apply RM43
To apply RM43, follow these steps:
- Prepare the area: Clear the target area of any vegetation, debris, or weeds. Use a rake or brush to remove loose materials.
- Wear protective gear: Put on protective clothing, gloves, safety glasses, and a mask to avoid direct contact with RM43 and protect yourself from any potential harmful effects.
- Mix RM43: Shake the container of RM43 thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are well-mixed. If the product has settled, use a stick or paddle to stir it before pouring.
- Dilute RM43 (optional): Depending on the purpose and severity of the vegetation problem, you may need to dilute RM43 with water. Follow the instructions on the product label for the appropriate dilution ratio.
- Use a sprayer: Pour the desired amount of RM43 into a garden sprayer or backpack sprayer. Make sure the sprayer is clean and free from any residues of other chemicals.
- Apply RM43: Start spraying from the furthest point of the area you want to treat and work your way backward. Apply a uniform and even coat of RM43, ensuring complete coverage of the target vegetation. Avoid spraying on desirable plants as RM43 is a non-selective herbicide and can damage or kill any vegetation it comes into contact with.
- Allow drying time: Let the treated area dry completely before allowing people or pets to enter. This can take several hours, depending on weather conditions.
- Clean equipment: After use, clean the sprayer thoroughly with water to remove any remaining RM43 residue. Dispose of the rinsate and other empty containers according to local regulations.
Note: RM43 is a powerful herbicide that can have long-lasting effects, so use it responsibly and strictly follow the product instructions and safety guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
Tips For Getting The Best Results With RM43
If you are using the RM43 for the first, there are a couple of things you must keep in mind. These tips will help you get the best results. Let’s see what they are:
- You need to check the weather conditions before application. Make sure the temperature is above 60 degrees Fahrenheit with light winds.
- Clean up the area where you intend to use the product. For example, remove debris from the treatment area before applying RM43.
- Prior to treatment, you should also mow or cut weeds taller than six inches and allow two weeks of new growth.
- For the best possible result, make sure to apply RM43 uniformly throughout the area.
- If you live in an area where it rains heavily and frequently, you may need to re-apply every six to eight months.
- Do not apply RM43 over the root systems of existing plants or trees. Also, avoid using it in areas intended for planting in the next year.
- Keep people and pets out of the treated area for at least two hours.
Is RM43 similar to Roundup?
No, RM43 is not similar to Roundup. RM43 contains both glyphosate and imazapyr as active ingredients, whereas Roundup only contains glyphosate. Imazapyr in RM43 provides an additional mode of action, making it more effective against a broader range of weeds.
How fast does RM43 work?
RM43 typically takes a few weeks to effectively control and kill weeds. The exact timeframe can vary depending on factors. For example, the type of weeds, their size and maturity, weather conditions, and the application method used.
Does rain affect RM43?
Yes, rainfall can have an impact on the effectiveness of RM43. This is especially true if it is applied shortly before or during a rain event. Heavy or excessive rain can potentially overdilute the product and cause it to wash off. Also, because of rain, it may affect areas where you don’t want it to reach.
So, now you know how important the RM43 mix ratio is. If you overdilute it, the product will not be effective. On the contrary, under-diluting will just waste valuable products.
But what you must ensure before using is personal safety. Use personal protective equipment when mixing and applying as the product is highly toxic.