Bed bugs are one of those pests that most people of a sound mind fear. That said, at the first sign of bed bugs, laying the bed bug spray on them is one of the best moves you can make.
But, with so many brands and types of sprays on available, choosing the right one can be quite the challenge. In this piece we review and compare some of the best bed bug sprays on the market to help you make the most well-informed decision possible.
- Odorless Non Staining Extended Residual Formula
- Eco Defense Natural Organic Formula
- Harris Black Label Bed Bug Killer
- Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider (Our Top Pick)
- Bed Bug Defense All Natural
- Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer Spray
- Green Rest Easy Bed Bug Spray
What Is Bed Bug Spray?
Bed bug spray is exactly as it sounds; a spray for killing bed bugs. That said, there are several grades of bed bug spray including professional, agricultural, and the kind you can buy over-the-counter.
In this article, we’ll be focusing on the kind of bed bug spray that you can find at any local department store or online retailers such as Amazon.
Sprays for bed bugs come in many versions, including aerosol-types. At any rate, they are one of the most effective forms of insecticide that one can arm themselves with.
All things considered, bed bug spray must be used with caution as it is very potent stuff. You don’t want to use it around family members or pets (or anybody for that matter), and you will need to clean up properly afterwards as well.
As a rule, they are more efficient and economical than aerosols because they use the most effective insecticides without adjusting for safety and ease of use.
What To Consider Before Buying Bed Bug Spray?
There are several crucial considerations to make before buying the best bed bug spray. So, beforing clicking on the first bed bug spray that you come across on the interwebs and adding it to your virtual shopping cart, hold up a second and hear us out; all bed bug sprays are not the same.
Here are a few of the most important considerations to keep in mind while shopping for the best spray to get rid of bed bugs:
Safety And Level Of Toxicity
Above all else, especially for those with families and pets, safety and level of toxicity are essential factors to think about. Before spraying just any pesticide in your home, make sure to do a bit of research.
That way you actually know what sort of toxic substances you’re dealing with. This is important on many levels, including incase a family member has a bad reaction to the spray or its residuals.
Ease Of Use And Directions
Before picking just any spray can filled with poison, check for directions and assess how easy (or complicated) the product seems to be. If you are already scratching your head before you even get the product in your hands, things are probably not going to be working out the greatest. You should be able to clearly see how the product works before buying it, and it shouldn’t seem like something hard to do.
This consideration is basic, however, just as important as any. Depending on the size of your bed bug issues, the proper amount of bed bug spray will vary. That said, there are numerous sizes available on the market. Likewise, bulk purchasing is also an option (for those who run businesses such as hotels).
Last but not least, if a product has passed all of your other considerations, cost is the last thing to think about. And, as with most products today, the price ranges from a few dollars to much more. Brand, ingredients, amount of spray, and delivery system are a few of the most critical factors that impact the cost.
7 Best Bed Bug Spray Reviews
Here it is, the list you’ve been looking for. Below you will find our selections for the top 7 bed bug sprays.
1. Odorless Non Staining Extended Residual Formula
One of the best bed bug sprays we came across in all of our research and comparing of products is the Odorless Non Staining Extended Residual Formula. Simply fill your sprayer, lay onto the trigger, and spray down infected areas. The spray is non-staining so you can use it on clothing, mattresses, and other fabrics and materials as well.
An extended trigger sprayer is included with the purchase, making it easier to reach bed bugs in all of their hard-to-reach hiding places. This product is also registered with the EPA for indoor use.
- Excellent value for price
- Registered with the EPA
- Non-staining ingredients
- Easy to use trigger-based delivery system
- Requires a bit of learning to use the sprayer
- May leave residue on surfaces
- Marketed as odorless but may have a bit of a smell
2. Eco Defense Natural Organic Formula
Another of the most trusted bed bug sprays currently available, Eco Defense Natural Organic Formula, kills bed bugs on contact and consists of all natural ingredients. The spray formula is non-staining, so you can use it on clothing and fabrics without worrying about damage.
The Eco Defense Natural Organic Formula spray kills bed bugs in all of their various forms (and subspecies). There are no fumes, no poison residue to worry about, and, best of all, the product is backed by a risk-free 60-day money-back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied, you can return the product with no questions asked.
- Kills on contract
- 100 percent organic ingredients
- Works quickly
- Very easy to use
- One of the safest sprays on the market
- Could take longer to start working than other brands
- May be less potent than pesticides with poison
- Residuals can stick around (literally)
3. Harris Black Label Bed Bug Killer
The third product on our list of the best bed bug sprays is Harris Black Label Bed Bug Killer, and this stuff is genuinely a real bed bug killer. That said, it kills even the most resistant bed bug types and is registered for use in residential homes with the EPA.
Harris Black Label Bed Bug Killer may not begin working as fast as poisonous pesticide sprays, but it lasts for up to three months after one spraying and kills bed bugs of all shapes and sizes. In addition, the spray has no odor at all and consists of a stainless formula say for spraying your bedding with.
- Kills more bed bugs than other brands
- Works on bed bug eggs and “tough to kill” subspecies
- Registered with the EPA
- Works for a duration of up to 16 weeks long
- Non-staining formula for use on clothing and fabrics
- Claims to be odorless but has been reported to have somewhat of a smell
- Possibly weaker than toxic pesticides
- Residuals can last for a couple of months or longer
4. Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider
EcoRaider’s Bed Bug Killer is another pest control spray that works like a charm on these little blood sucking pests. It has even been field tested and approved by the Entomological Society of America’s Journal. During said testing the product was found to kill bed bugs of all the various life stages (including eggs) with an impressive 100 percent rate of success.
The Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider is also non-toxic and safe to use around children and pets. Furthermore, the bed bug killer is designed with extended dry residual protection so it keeps on killing pests for several weeks after being sprayed and drying.
- Kills bed bugs with precision
- Field tested and approved by entomologists
- Kills bed bugs in all stages of life
- Works on even the most resistant strains of bed bugs
- Safe to use around children and pets
- Residuals last for up to weeks
- May not be as potent as other brand name pesticides
5. Bed Bug Defense All Natural
An excellent choice for keeping bed bugs under control is the Bed Bug Defense All Natural. This stuff kills all types of bed bugs, including nymphs and eggs as well as adults (even the resistant type). The product is EPA registered and approved and is safe to use around pets and children.
Long lasting residues from Bed Bug Defense All Natural keep on killing bed bugs for approximately three months after being applied to infected areas. The formula in the product is also non-staining and odorless so it is perfectly fine to use on beds, mattresses, clothing, and furniture without fear.
- Kills even the most resistant species of bed bugs
- Approved by the EPA for use in homes
- Works for up to 16 weeks after spraying
- Does not stain fabric
- Requires a sprayer
- May not be so potent as toxic pesticides
- Residuals can last for weeks
6. Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer Spray
Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer Spray does just as it sounds, kills bed bugs. In fact, it kills bed bug eggs, nymphs, and adults of all subspecies for up to 90 days at a time. The spray is non-toxic, consisting of all natural ingredients (absolutely no chemical-type poisons) safe to use indoors, and will not stain your clothing or bedding.
Unlike most sprays that claim to be odorless and really aren’t, Bed Bug Patrol has a friendly peppermint sent. That way, your clothing and furniture don’t smell like chemicals or poisons. In addition to being created and used by real pest control professionals, this product is backed by a money-back guarantee.
- Easy to use and comes free ebook
- 100 percent risk free for a month
- Non-staining formula for use on fabric and clothing
- Safe to use indoors
- Works quickly on all forms of bed bugs
- Strong peppermint fragrance that not all people will find pleasant
- May not be as strong as non-natural bed bug sprays
7. Green Rest Easy Bed Bug Spray
Last but far from least, Green Rest Easy Bed Bug Spray is another excellent choice for bed bug control. A friendly product for using indoors around pets and family members, it consists of nothing but pure natural ingredients including a cinnamon fragrance.
The formula is made up of a mixture of essence oils that are fatal to insects such as bed bugs. This particular version of the product is great for traveling, or for quickly spraying down beds and furniture in your home before and after hosting visitors.
- All natural ingredients
- Safe to use around kids and animals
- Cinnamon fragrance
- Ideal for use at home or while traveling
- Kills more than bed bugs
- Small size
- May not be as potent as some brands
- Does not have a money back guarantee
Which Is Best?
After careful consideration, EcoRaider’s Bed Bug Killer is our number one choice for the best bed bug spray. This tough-acting bed bug spray is powerful, trusted, and is convenient for use in hotels and rental cars as well as at home.
If you have a more significant bed bug problem, however, we suggest investing in the Bed Bug Defense jug as it is also highly recommended and comes with a much larger amount of spray.
At any rate, choosing any one of the products from the above list will have your unwanted guests (the bed bugs, not the in-laws) on the run in no time.